Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

What a wild weekend we had this weekend! On Friday, I headed over to Christine's school to get a haircut and 3 hours later (she's still learning!) I left with a great haircut and eyebrow wax. This was also the first time since Luke came home from the hospital, that I was away from both kids at the same time. It was nice to be able to get away for a little bit and have a little pampering. That night, we left the kiddies at home with Aunt Jen and headed to Tanglewood for Jen and Ward's rehearsal dinner.
On Saturday, I got to meet Kari's sweet baby boy Brandtson who is so sweet and not that much smaller than Luke. They are going to have lots of fun playing together when they get bigger! Saturday night we put on our dancin shoes and went to the beautiful wedding and we had a great time! They served up some good ol' southern foods-complete with BBQ and corn bread.
Sunday morning, Matt woke up to a Bojangles chicken biscuit and sweet tea. I surprised him with some pictures of Emma and Luke.  Let me tell you-those pictures were not easy to do! First of all, I used my dad's fancy camera that used film(!!) and I forgot what it was like not being able to see the pictures first and decide if you have a good one or not. That is very nerve wracking when you are trying to take pictures of a not very still 2-year-old. I used film that was in the camera case and the pictures came out VERY grainy and I thought maybe the camera was dirty or something, turns out the film was about 5 years old. I tried to adjust the sharpness and was able to make them better; but I needed to take more to make larger sizes. Emma was less than thrilled about going for round two. In the end, I was very happy with the final product. Although, I don't think I will be buying a camera that needs film anytime soon! Emma made a homemade card and said "Happy Father's Day Daddy" about 50 times through out the day. :o) We had a pretty lazy afternoon and ended the day with a nice dinner at Putter's.




No comments:

Post a Comment