Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of School!

We have been prepping Emma, for going back to school, for the last week or so. Talking about all of the fun things she was going to get to do-art projects, music, playground, snack and getting to see Elle. We were also planning on bringing Elle home with us and having lunch at Chick-Fi-La. She was getting pretty excited about it, but every now and then would say she wanted to stay home with Mommy and Baby Luke. I was a little worried about how the first day would go, when she stayed and Luke left with me. But she did really well! She was able to sleep in our room Monday night and woke up on her own a little after 8 and we got dressed and ready for some oatmeal. Since I was at her school with her last year, she would often eat and get dressed at school. When we sat down to eat, she said "I want to eat at school Mommy" Of course it was rainy and yucky out, but I was still able to get a picture before we left. She didn't put up too much of a fight when I handed her off to her teacher. Luke and I headed back home and next thing I knew it was 11:40 and time to head back to school. After getting everyone loaded up in the car, we headed off for kids meals at Chick-Fi-La and they had a great time laughing and carrying on. They played until about 3, when I knew Emma was tired. I put her down for a nap and Elle was not happy to leave when Nonnie showed up. Before we know it, Emma is going to be heading off to her first day of Kindergarden!





No comments:

Post a Comment