Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lunch Bunch!

Emma goes to school at Burkhead Methodist every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:50-11:50. They offer an extra hour for the kids to eat lunch at school and then play on the playground. Emma did Lunch Bunch probably a total of four times last year when I was teaching there as well. We had staff meetings every month; and when they were on Tuesdays, she was able to stay for Lunch Bunch for free. Last year (and still some this year because I hate messes-something I'm TRYING to get over!) there were not a whole lot of foods she could eat by herself. That being the case, and me being at school with her, I never thought about leaving her for lunch because it really served no purpose. The first time she stayed, I think I packed goldfish and cheerios in a plastic bag. The second time I forgot and had to stop at Lowe's in a panic and grabbed a Lunchables and bought a small reusable wine bag(!!!) and cut it out so the food would fit inside. Needless to say, we were less than prepared for her to eat lunch away from us or not at home. Not this year though! I knew we would want her to stay a few times a month to prepare for Kindergarten, so she needed a lunch box. Nana found a really cute one for her at Hip Chicks and we got it on Saturday. Emma did not take that bag out of her sight-she immediately filled it up with toys and carted it around everywhere. We started talking about Lunch Bunch Sunday afternoon and she was super excited! This morning, we were getting ready for school and all she talked about was Lunch Bunch and holding her lunch bag. I packed her a peanut butter and jelly, goldfish and fruit snacks with a capri sun. She handed off her bag and proudly told her teachers that she was staying for Lunch Bunch! I picked her up just before 1 and she told me all about the fun she had. A teacher told me that all she ate was some of her goldfish-uh oh! Guess we will have to work on eating better at school, but that's what preschool is for-getting ready for elementary school! She will have more practice on Thursday-so fingers crossed she eats a little more. Although, she did eat half of the PB&J and fruit snacks while we were at the mall.
 Posing with her lunch bag

 The infamous bag!

 Wanted a picture with her picnic stuff too

I turn around and this is what I see-she was worn out and ready for a nap at the mall!

No comments:

Post a Comment