Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dresser for Emma

As if I didn't have enough going on at home-my husband, two babies, a dog, laundry (uugh!!), house cleaning, and a million errands-I decided that I want to become more of a DIY'er and save money while making cute things around the house. My first "project" was painting a few small pieces of furniture for Emma-a bench and a shelf that is also a coat hanger. My biggest project is her dresser from the 70's. My grandmother had the same furniture for two of my aunts growing up and there was a lot. And pieces have been passed around the family and undergone many paint jobs. When I got a hold of a dresser, my first thought was "Paint it pink!" Matt thought it might be better to change it up a little bit. I ended up choosing a pale blue and realized that I would be able to paint the primer on and then spray paint the paint. Let me tell you how much easier it is to spray paint than to use a brush! I found a mirror that didn't go with the set, but ended up working out really well. I'm just on the hunt now for new drawer pulls. Please ignore the unfinished paint job of Emma's wall!






No comments:

Post a Comment